The Atlanta Food Truck Park: Redefining Fast-Food

Joshua Pinckney, Owen Downs and Tyler Bass, Staff Writers
September 13, 2012
Filed under Community News, Features

Of course you’ve been to Chick-Fil-A and Willy’s but it makes more sense to have five to ten different food types to choose from one place. Well guess what, the Atlanta Food Truck Park is that place and it is right next to Willy’s and Chick-Fil-A on Howell Mill Road! In this article, you will find out more about why you will much rather prefer the Atlanta Food Truck.

One visit to the Atlanta Food Truck Park for dinner will change the way you see food. The Mobile Marlay truck, which specializes in seafood dishes, is fresh, quick and tasty. At The Geechee Island Food Truck, satisfy your cravings for southern style gumbo, rice, seafood and meats. Mixd Up is more than just your typical burger joint. Original heavenly, mouthwatering burgers are there for your choosing. Sweet Auburn BBQ was incredibly delicious especially the pulled pork sandwich. You top it with your choice of barbeque sauce from their selection, making the perfect flavor for your individual taste buds. For dessert, Jimmy’s Italian Ice has many of your childhood favorite flavors, all satisfyingly delicious. It doesn’t get anymore homemade than King of Pops. Arnold Palmer, Blackberry Ginger Lemonade, Coconut Banana Orange, Pomegranate Margarita and Watermelon Mojito are just a few delicious flavors currently available. You don’t know cupcakes until you’ve visited Yum Yum’s Cupcakes. Those mini-cakes of flavor will twist your taste buds in the right direction.       You may be thinking, “Well…Chick-Fil-A and Willy’s are much faster.” However, that isn’t always true. During one of your many visits to Chick-Fil-A or Willy’s you have most likely experienced a busy day where the lines to get your chicken sandwich or burrito can be annoying and long. If you are at a popular fast-food restaurant in the Paces area, the chances are, you are dealing with a big crowd because there are so many students from multiple schools such as Westminster, Lovett and Pace etc.

At Atlanta Food Truck Park, if there is a long line at one of the many trucks at hand and you can go to another truck. You have multiple options if one is too time consuming. This is the beauty of the Food Truck Park. The idea is to visit as many trucks as you can, taste-test etc. Everyone wants to be part of a growing trend of afterschool food stops, eat amazing food and have a close to home, safe, hangout spot to chill with your friends.

The Atlanta Food Truck Park is a modern place with eccentric food, fun things to do, a lot of space to move around and, of course, great original food trucks that specialize in one type of food. For example, there is a truck that sells only French fries!! You wouldn’t want to miss out on that would you?!?!

The Mobile Marlay Food Truck Review:

Specialty: Fish Entrées

The Fish Tacos

This item is definitely a good choice for a 1st timer. Strong recommendation.

Quiet ingredients (cole slaw, spring lettuce and fresh Atlantic-Cod) with a kicking avocado lime sauce.

The Mixd UP Food Truck Review:

Specialty: Glorious Burgers

The Mixd up Burger is one of the best burgers on the menu. A classic cheeseburger seasoned with Mixd Up’s secret ingredients.

Side Item: The (Life changing) Classic Strings. Cooked in the fryer until perfection. Flavors include: Classic, Italian, Buffalo, and Taco fries.

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!