Wildcats Refuel at Local West Paces Restaurants

Tyler H., Staff Writer

In the West Paces Ferry Shopping District, an immense number of restaurants are often filled with members of the Westminster community. These places create, for many, a great atmosphere with fantastic food and a welcoming environment.

The restaurants include long-time favorites such as Chick-fil-A, Willy’s, Goldbergs, Smoothie King, OK Cafe, McDonald’s, Steak ‘n Shake, Houston’s, and Pero’s. Some new inclusions that have opened are, in December of 2018, the new Whole Foods 365, and in late 2018, the new drive-through Starbucks near Steak ‘n Shake.

Many of the students eat at a number of restaurants in this area. Ryan C., an eighth grade boy, eats in West Paces once or twice a week. He said, “I like them because it is close to my house and school, and the food is really good.”

Sixth grader Hallie H. eats in West Paces about twice a week. She said, “I like the restaurants in West Paces because all of the food is really good, and they have all varieties of food and restaurants.”

However, there are a few restaurants that some students aren’t fond of. Owen C., a seventh grader, said, “I don’t like Pero’s because the food can be disgusting sometimes.”

“I don’t like McDonalds or Goldbergs,” said eighth grader Grace C.

From the perspective of the students, Chick-fil-A seems to be the top restaurant. Eighth grader  Quinton E. is one of these fans. He said, “I get the Chicken Sandwich and a milkshake.”

Photo by Tyler H. Chick-fil-A is one of the restaurants in West Paces that students enjoy.

Seventh grader Ashlee F. also loves Chick-fil-A. “All of their food is amazing,” she said.

Even frequent customers continuously enjoy Chick-fil-A. Owen said, “They have great breakfast, and their food never gets old.”

Many of the students are very excited about the new restaurants that have opened in West Paces. “I have gone to the new Starbucks, and I thought it was really good,” said sixth grade girl Morgan S.

One of the newest additions is the Whole Foods 365 Store, which includes a salad bar and take out. Ryan said, “My mom said that she liked the restaurants in the new Whole Foods, so I’m excited about that.”

In conclusion, West Paces is a place where students and teachers socialize and enjoy meals, along with time that allows for relaxation and fabulous delicacies.

Photo by Tyler H. OK Cafe is another of the restaurants in West Paces that students enjoy.