NFL Free Agency Frenzy

Daniel V., Staff Writer

KANSAS CITY, MO – OCTOBER 02: Adrian Peterson #28 of the Minnesota Vikings carries the ball as linebacer Justin Houston #50 of the Kansas City Chiefs defends during the game on October 2, 2011 at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)

Every year game-changing decisions are made in the offseason with new faces in new places. This year hasn’t disappointed.

The Falcons are looking to make another playoff run after signing the six-foot-three, 346-pound defensive tackle, Dontari Poe.

Andrew D., an eighth-grade student, said, “I feel like the addition of Dontari Poe will enable the Falcons to sack QBs with just a four-man rush and will provide run support. Overall, it will help the Falcons defense.”

One big name Tony Romo hasn’t made a decision. After Romo broke his collarbone, Dak Prescott replaced him as the Dallas Cowboys’ starting quarterback and played really well.

Andrew said, “I think Tony Romo might go to Houston or somewhere where they have a new QB so he can provide experience.”

Walter DuPriest, the seventh grade boys grade chair, said,“Romo could very well end up in Dallas. The fact that nothing has happened is a bit suspicious. The Houston option makes total sense but Jerry Jones doesn’t want to give an in-state team that much attention.”

Another big name that hasn’t made a decision is Adrian Peterson. After being with Minnesota his whole career, the Vikings recently signed a new running back, Latavius Murray, hinting that Adrian Peterson will not return.

Beck E., an eighth grade student, said, “I think Adrian Peterson will end up in Kansas City with the Chiefs because Jamaal Charles is going into free agency.”

Mr. DuPriest said, “I really thought he would go back to Minnesota. I could see him doing the one-year Seattle thing. He’s in a place in his career where all he wants to do is win the Super Bowl. The Patriots rumor was intriguing when that started, but at the same time it’s not something that Bill Belichick would do.”

Another game changing pick up was Terrelle Pryor, a QB turned WR, on the Redskins. Last year with Cleveland he had over 1,000 yards with subpar quarterbacks.

Beck E. said, “I think that the Redskins will be a playoff contender with Kirk Cousins rather than the Browns QBs that Terrelle Pryor had to play with.”

Mr. DuPriest said, “I’m excited about Pryor. Everybody is obsessed with the speed that they lost, but Pryor is such a big presence across the middle. Cousins will have targets.”

The Browns signed Brock Osweiler from the Texans. There have been reports that the Browns are trying to trade him, and if not, they will release him.

Andrew D. said, “It’s become apparent to me why Browns fans never gain any hope of turning the sinking ship which is their team. They picked up Brock Osweiler who is overrated and is overpaid for a draft pick. They also released their best player in Terrelle Pryor who was finally coming together. A 1-15 record speaks for itself, and for the good of Browns fans they need to figure it out.”

Restricted free agents must sign by April 21, and the NFL draft takes place April 27-29. Where do you think Adrian Peterson will land? Or Tony Romo?