Seventh Grade VolleyCats Hit the Court

Henry S., Staff Writer

Photo by Henry S.

In the seventh grade, volleyball is a very popular sport. Many girls start playing volleyball in seventh grade, but others love to come and watch the game, including parents and students.

The players love their games and their practices, especially with an 11-5 record. With new leadership from Coach Joanna Kay and some of the more experienced players, the team hopes to continue its winning ways.

“I enjoy the practices because we get to socialize and play fun games. The games are also fun because I get to play on a team with my friends,” said Nyambura K.

Margaret R. said, “I like practices because we do fun things like play games.”

Coach Kay seems to enjoy the team this year. She said, “This is a really great team. About half are experienced and half are new to volleyball, but they’ve had great improvement. Also we have a great record and all the players are very enthusiastic towards volleyball.”

The girls also like how good they feel playing volleyball.

“I really like my coach because she is very supportive and friendly. Even if you mess up she won’t get mad,” said Josephine C.

The team members are proud of how they have started, even though they notice the teams they lost to were mostly eighth graders. They have had a good season, even while playing hard teams, they manage to have great teamwork.

Ireland M. said, “We have a very good record, and hopefully we will continue to improve and keep winning.”

Overall the seventh grade VolleyCats have done great so far. The season ends September 30 with the Wesleyan Middle School Invitational Tournament.