The Working Newsroom of Journalism

Jae Williams, Staff Writer

As this year comes to a end, Westminster’s Middle School newspaper, the Wildcat Press XPress. The staff writers gets there last stories . Many students enjoyed this years journalism class. We have had many great memories as a class as in going to SunTrust Park and going to tour the radio station was many people’s favorite memory.

Eighth grade girl Virginia M. said that she loves interviewing new people with great attitudes and loves putting her paw up on a Wacky Wednesday. She also said that she thinks journalism will help her in public speaking.

Courtesy of Jan Allen

Brooks P. said he loved learning about new events wouldn’t have learned about if it wasn’t for journalism. He said even though he loves Journalism his least favorite part is not having a gold star. “I’m trying my best to get that up there.” He doesn’t like the lack of freedom because sometimes we aren’t allowed to leave the room .

Eighth grade girl Ruthie H. record breaker with 10 stories says that she loves Journalism she said that she enjoys choosing any topic you can write about. She also said that it helped my interview skills and better writing skills and will help me with a job in the future.

This eighth grade year has been very successful and everyone says there was a lot of useful information they learned about this years Journalism class.