Must See Movies of 2018

James S., Staff Writer

Photo courtesy of Hashi Photo

As far as movies go, 2018 has been a very eventful year so far. Blockbusters such as Black Panther, Ready Player One, and A Wrinkle in Time have already brought in over 1.7 billion dollars, making 2018 a lucrative year so far.

Later this year, the films Avengers: Infinity War, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Incredibles 2, and Solo: A Star Wars Story are just some of the many highly anticipated upcoming films.

Black Panther, the current highest-rated super hero movie yet, was a highly anticipated movie and now holds the record for highest grossing super hero movie with over 1.2 billion in sales.

In a recent survey with 213 participants, 20 people said they haven’t seen a new movie this year, while the other 193 said they had. About 150 people said they had seen Black Panther, making it the most seen movie in the MS this year.

As for the best sequel coming up, 153 people voted for Pixar’s upcoming sequel to The Incredibles, The Incredibles 2.

Students and teachers all around the school can enjoy seeing a movie every once and a while, but which genres do they pick?

“I see a lot of kids movies when I do watch them because I take the kids to see them a lot,” said Heather Karvis, Dean of Girls. “We have seen Ferdinand, Peter Rabbit, and Coco recently and honestly Ferdinand was a great movie. When I do go out to see a movie without the kids, my favorite genre is definitely comedy.”

Mrs. Karvis was excited about the upcoming movie, Incredibles 2, along with Jurassic World 2 and The Avengers Infinity War. “I really like the avengers movies and I like Incredibles a well. I’ll probably take the kids to see it.”

“I’m super excited for Avengers Infinity War and Incredibles 2,” said Hunter W., an eighth grade boy. “I have already seen Black Panther, Ready Player One, and Jumanji so this year could be great for movies.

Lorelai C., a sixth grade girl, expressed her excitement for the upcoming Incredibles sequel. “I loved the first movie and can’t wait for the second. I haven’t seen many movies this year so far though, but I did like The Greatest Showman which came out in December.”

Overall, 2018 has started out with a high grossing slate of films. Many have high hopes for upcoming movies this year and are very excited to see them.