West Paces Ferry Shopping Center: The Place to Be

Caroline B., Staff Writer

Photos by: Caroline B.

Ever wondered where Westminster students like to hangout after school? The West Paces Ferry Shopping Center, about five minutes away from school, is a hangout for many.

Popular places include Willy’s, Starbucks, Yogurtland, and Goldberg’s. Most students visit their favorites in the shopping center once a week or one to three times each month.

According to a recent survey of middle schoolers, the favorite place in the West Paces Ferry Shopping Center is Willy’s, with 50 percent of students saying they liked it the best.

Willy’s is a Mexican restaurant that serves foods such as burritos, quesadillas, tacos, nachos, and queso dip. Seventh grader Teddie T. goes to Willy’s about once a week. She said, “I like Willy’s because I love tacos.”

Sixth grade boy Akul R. agreed. He said, “I like Willy’s the best because I like Mexican food. I go there after every band concert or late school events.” Many students enjoy going to the shopping center before or after school functions.

Coming in behind Willy’s were Goldberg’s, Yogurtland, and Smoothie King.

About nine percent of surveyed students chose Yogurtland, which serves frozen yogurt and has many options for different flavors and toppings.

Smoothie King is another popular spot with seven percent of students choosing it at their favorite. Seven percent of students like OK Cafe the best.

Just under seven percent of students chose Goldberg’s as their favorite spot. Goldberg’s is primarily a bagel company, but also has many other options for breakfast and lunch as well.

Eighth grader Helen R. said, “I love Goldberg’s. I eat food from there almost every week for Bible study, and I go there every few weeks.”

The West Paces Ferry Shopping Center has a restaurant or store for everyone to enjoy. It’s a good thing it’s so close.

1 Comment

One Response to “West Paces Ferry Shopping Center: The Place to Be”

1. EllaW0022 on February 16th, 2018 1:09 pm

Awesome story Caroline!