Middle School Hallways: A Canvas for Young Artists

Ikechi A., Staff Writer

In the middle school’s Clarkson Hall, several pieces of art are on display. One can see different paintings, sculptures, and even interpretations of blue tape scattered all over the hallways.

Photo by Ikechi A.
Carson S., Katie K., and Selena P. created a piece made solely with tape. The trees appear to be fading into sheets of paper.

Photo by Ikechi A.
Assorted pieces by eighth grade art students are displayed in a case outside of Ms. Blodgett’s room. Each piece is either from the precious materials project, or the blue tape project.

Photo by Ikechi A.
Paintings outside the sixth grade girls locker commons by Kristen O. and Evelyn S. These paintings show the technique of surrealism, or art that looks like it could be in a dream.

Photo by Ikechi A.
In-depth sculptures made by Mrs. Brandhorst can be found inside her art room. The sculptures are different versions of woman’s head and a woman’s dress.

Photo by Ikechi A.
Henry C.’s manipulation of blue tape is located at the end of a hallway. Strings emerge from outside of the wall and appear to be life-size.

Photo by Ikechi A.
The two-story mural found next to the Dean’s Office was added to the wall just after Clarkson Hall was built. The artist created this piece to emphasize physics and chemistry.

Photo by Ikechi A.
An artist’s manipulation of blue tape is displayed in a case outside of Mrs. Brandhorst’s/Mr. DuPriest’s art room. The tape appears to be hanging off of the top shelf of the display case.

Photo by Ikechi A.
Manipulation of tissue paper by eighth grade boys Mack T. and Ty S., found on the staircase leading up to the Dean’s Office. The artist gives the impression of something malevolent that is spreading down the stairs like a virus.